The Simple answer is You cannot generalize.
We will see the protractor project folder structure without any project-specific customization. I have given project structures in steps, so you can choose from it when it fulfills your requirement.
Basic Protractor project
- Protractor API : This is actual protractor package which contains all the required functionalities
- PO : All the required page objects will be stored in PO files; it is a directory inside which you can store page objects of different pages.
- Lib : Repeated steps will be created into functions, and those are stored under the Lib folder
- Specs : All the test cases are stored in different files and then put into Spec files.
Page Objects Model in Protractor
A project with file utils
- ExcelUtils : Create files that will read and write data from Excel files under ExcelUtils.
- JSONUtils : Create files that will read and write data from JSON files under JSONUtils.
- Data : Data folder will have all the files to be read and write
- These not only can be used for data but also for page objects
Install Jenkins for Protractor
Project with Constants
- ErrorsMessages: we will store all the error messages that occur in our application under the ErrorMessages folder.
- StringsConstants : Instead of creating the string values, again and again, we can store them in files and put them under StringConstants.
- Colorcodes : All the rgb, rgba, HEX color will be stored under the ColorCodes folder.
- Not only above things you can store all kinds of constants here
Install Docker for Protractor
A project with Report and Logging
- logging: Files which has the logic to generate the log for the frame will be put under logging
- output : All the output files like reports, logs, and screenshots will be stored under the output folder.
- report : Some people may have their own reporting mechanism; in such cases, they might need to create one more folder called report.
Writing an excel sheet
- intermediatelayer: this layer will have only one file, which will override all the functionalities provided by the protractor. This enables us to have encapsulation.