ngWebdriver vs Protractor
- Protractor is the original work, ngWebdriver is a copy of protractor where they added java as a language instead of JS
binding and model locators are not supported in ngWebdriver but well supported in protractor
- Protractor works seamlessly but ngWebdriver has issues, so you may see flaky failures in ngWebdriver
- Who starts the project then they should go for Protractor but if your project is been there for a while with selenium java then you probably think about ngWebdriver
- Code Developer should provide waits for angular application in ngWebdriver but protractor takes care of wait on its own
- ngWebdriver may not be completely a replacement for Protractor but partially serves the purpose to automate with Angular locators.