I have listed a few protractor challenges from my experience, these are I faced when I was working with protractor.
- Installation is a big headache when you are behind a proxy/firewall, As per my knowledge, almost all the organization use a proxy/firewall. That too installation of
webdriver-manager update gives intermittent issues
- Running in Jenkins when you are using Typescript as a programming language is difficult
- No Select class present in Protractor to handle dropdowns
- The explicit waits present in protractor are less than compared to selenium
- No proper error messages are displayed when an error occurs
- If you face nested loop in protractor then you can consider that you are going scold the protractor like hell. Breaking the nested loop is difficult
- There are good IDEs for protractor but there is no ideal one.
- There is no way to switch back to parent Frame.
- Protractor Errors cannot be handled using try..catch blocks
Protractor Interview Questions