In below, we have listed few advantages and disadvantages of protractor
Pros of Protractor
- Protractor has built a support for identifying the elements for angular.js
- Suitable for both Angular and non-Angular apps, Switching between them also easier
- Supports Parallel testing through same and cross-browser testing.
- Protractor has default waits which waits for angular which is not present in selenium. Protractor handles this with promises
- It runs on real browsers and headless browsers.
- Works on NodeJS, so the asynchronous process helps to speed up the execution
- Compatible with Continuous integration
Cons of Protractor
- If there is an issue with WebdriverJs, the Protractor team should wait for the WebDriverJs team to fix that issue. Protractor is built on webdriverJS
- Works like a duck when we run tests in Internet explorer
- You cannot simulate real user (which is possible in selenium using robot class)
- Debugging in Protractor is a nightmare
- Could take some time to master all API and technicals if you are not from selenium background
- It does not have support to automate mobile Apps.
- Returning values is like going to the Moon