These are a few differences between the Puppeteer and cypress
Puppeteer is Open source but Cypress is Paid( bit of open source)
- Puppeteer is great for quick testing and web scraping. But when it comes to testing an entire application it’s better to stand on the shoulders of the giants.
- Cypress contains its own assertions but we might need to depend on Jest or Jasmine or Mocha when we are using the puppeteer.
- Cypress has its own IDE, Puppeteer does not have one and most of the industry uses VSCode or Webstrom with the puppeteer.
- Cypress supports multiple browsers but Puppeteer supports only chromium engine based downloads.
- Cypress has its own dashboard but puppeteer does not have any.
- Puppeteer is much faster than Cypress
- Cypress automatically waits for commands and assertions before moving on. No more async hell. Puppeteer has promises and async headache (handled using sync and await).
- Cypress is more user-friendly compared with the puppeteer.