JMeter Templates are skeleton scripts that you can reuse to get started with a project.
You can either use existing templates or create your own. You can also create snippets of code that you can insert into your script with templates.
- To see the Existing templates in the JMeter,
- Click on the Template icon in the JMeter Toolbar.
- Once you click on the Template icon a new window will open, which contains a drop-down list of existing templates in JMeter.
- Each existing template has a description and useful links to understand each and every element in the created test plan.
- Select the one you want, click on Create and the framework will be automatically be created, Just you need to edit some variables and can run your own script.
- Unlike other Templates, the BeanShell Sampler does not override the Test Plan in the Jmeter script. It is added as a sampler right into the script.
Creating Own Template in JMeter :
- Open the JMeter and then add a Thread group and an HTTP Request to the Thread Group.
- And also add view Result Tree listener to the thread group
- If you want to add server and path you can add, I am adding
www.google.comas a server name and root path as
- Now I am going to save this test plan as a Template, which can be used in the future as a reference.
- We need to save this test plan under Template as a .jmx file.
- Go to the JMeter folder where you have installed and go to the template folder under the bin, you will find the newly created template Owntemplate.jmx.
- Next, we need to ad OwnTemplate.jmx file inside the template.xml file.
- Open the Template.xml file in the notepad, there you will find multiple templates which are already present.
- Each template described by 4 tags:
<template> - root tag that describe, will this template be create new test plan (isTestPlan="true"), or can be merged to existed (isTestPlan="false").
<name> - template name
<fileName> - path to .jmx file
<description> - template description, presented in HTML text.
- Copy one Simple tag and paste it on the same page and enter the details of your template.
- In the below code I have changed the name to OwnTeplate and file I have given the complete path of the OwnTemplate.jmx file.
<h1>Test plan from Building a Web Test Plan section in user's manual</h1>
<li><a href="http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/build-web-test-plan.html" >http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/build-web-test-plan.html</a></li>
- Now save and exit the file and after that restart the JMeter.
- Once the JMeter has opened, click on the Template icon, you will find our newly created template OwnTemplate.
- Click on the Create, then your new template will be created.
- Once you click on Create, you will find the below page.