SonarQube is static analyses tool to analyze/review the code before executing or building. SonarQue support almost all the major programming languages like Java, Python C, C++, PHP, JS.
SonarQube is a fully automated tool which can be integrated with Maven, Ant, Gradle along with Continous integrations tools.
SonarQube goes step by step through the code and provides us a metrics/analysis. It generates a visualized report. SonarQube lists the following things:
- Coding Rules
- Code Duplications
- Test Coverage
- Weaker Logics
- Code complexity
SonarQube Installation :
- Open SonarQube official website: https://www.sonarqube.org/downloads/
- Click Community Edition or the required edition then SonarQube will start downloading to your system. Get Latest version or LST version based on your need.
- Extract the downloaded zip file in your system, I have done it on C:\sonarqube, and you will see below files in the folder.
- Now go to Bin folder inside sonarqube, C:\sonarqube\bin\windows-x86-64. Based on your OS and Architecture choose the folder. I have chosen windows-x86-64.
- Double click the StartSonar file to start the sonarQube,
- Open http://localhost:9000 in your browser to see the sonarQube up and running.
In organization levels, you do not have to install the sonarQube in your system, They will already have it on their servers. If not you can request the tools teams to do so.
In your Organization, you might see the Something like http:/ /sonar.cherchertech.com or with some IP address rather than localhost:9000