1. What is Automation Testing?
Performing the manual test cases using the computer rather than a human being. Automation test provides result faster than human in case of regression tests.
2. What is the difference between Manual and Automation Testing?
Manual Testing is performed by a human sitting in front of a computer carefully executing the test steps. When we have repeatable tests then we go for automation, most of the time regression will be part of automation. Automation testing is performed only after testing the application manually.
Automation Testing means using an automation tool to execute your test case suite. The automation software can also enter test data into the System Under Test, compare expected and actual results and generate detailed test reports. Test Automation demands considerable investments of money and resources.
Automation scripting can be done in two phases:
- In-sprint automation
- Off-sprint automation
3. What are the benefits of Automation Testing?
- Faster than the manual testing
- Reliable in results as there is not going to human error.
- Saves Time and Cost (Initially it is hight to write test in automation)
- More accuracy
- Can run Day and Night
- Better speed in executing tests because of Computers are faster
- We can re-use the code when a module repeats or can make of max usage when similar modules are to be automated
- We can have scheduled runs of automation tests.
4. Which test cases should be automated?
- Tests that need to be run against every build/release of the application, such as smoke test, sanity test, and regression test.
- Tests that tend to cause a human error or impossible to perform manually
- Tests that require to be tested against multiple data sets.
- Frequently used functionality that introduces high-risk conditions.
- Tests that take a long time to perform and may need to be run during breaks or overnight.
- Tests that run on several different hardware or software platforms and configurations.
- Tests that take a lot of effort and time when manual testing.
5. What are the popular test automation tools for functional testing?
6. What is the main purpose of Automation Testing?
The main purpose of the automation testing is to remove the dependency of humans at companies (please do not answer this at interview). This is because industries want to know the results faster and in a reliable way
7. What is the goal of Automation Testing?
The goal of the automation is to reduce the time take to execute the test and provide concrete results and to be more agile
8. Why Selenium should be selected as a Test tool?
There are several reasons to choose one automation tool over others, below are a few reasons why selenium.
- Opensource (which means Free, Free Free)
- Selenium supports multiple programming languages like C++, Java, Python, and on...
- Easy to set up and start working (requires programming language knowledge)
- Everybody is moving towards web-based applications and future is important
Other than these remaining answers are just fillers
9. What is Selenium and what are the different components and versions of Selenium?
Selenium is not a tool but a suite of tools, Selenium has been named after the selenium chemical element. selenium chemical element cures the wounds of mercury (QTP was owned by Mercury).
Selenium has three components, which are:
- Selenium IDE (SIDE)
- Webdriver (the important one)
10. What are the testing types that can be supported by Selenium?
11. What are the limitations of Selenium?
12. What is the difference between Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, and Selenium WebDriver?
13. When should I use Selenium IDE?
14. What is Selenese?
15. What are locators, different types of locators that can be used in Selenium and their priorities?
16. What is the difference between Assert and Verify commands?
17. What is an XPath?
18. What is the difference between ‘/’ and ‘//’ in XPath?
19. What is Same Origin Policy and how it can be handled? How to overcome the same origin policy through web driver?
20. When should I use Selenium Grid?
21. What do we mean by Selenium 1, Selenium 2 and Selenium 3?
22. What is the latest Selenium tool?
23. How do I launch the browser using WebDriver?
24. What are the different types of drivers available in WebDriver?
25. What are the different types of waits available in WebDriver?
26. How to type into a text box using Selenium?
27. How can you find whether an element is displayed on the screen using Selenium?
28. How can we get a text on a web element using Selenium?
29. How to handle a drop-down field and select a value from it using Selenium?
30. What are the different types of navigation commands in WebDriver?
31. How to click on a hyperlink using Selenium WebDriver?
32. How to handle frames in WebDriver?
33. How do you use findElement() and findElements()?
34. How to find more than one web element into a list?
35. What is the difference between driver.close() and driver.quit() commands?
36. Can Selenium handle window based pop up?
37. How can we handle window based pop up using Selenium?
38. How can we handle web-based pop up using Selenium?
39. How to assert the title of the web page?
40. How to mouse hover on a web element using WebDriver?
41. How to retrieve CSS Properties of an element?
42. How to capture screen-shot in Selenium WebDriver?
43. What is JUnit?
44. What are JUnit annotations?
45. What is TestNG and what is its use?
46. How is TestNG better than JUnit?
47. How to set test case priority in TestNG?
48. What is a Framework?
49. What are the advantages of Automation Framework?
50. What are the different types of Frameworks?
51. How do you decide a particular framework for a project?
52. How can I read test data from Excel files?
53. What is the difference between POI and JXL Jars?
54. What is the difference between Selenium and QTP/UFT?
55. Can WebDriver test mobile applications?
56. Can Captcha be automated using Selenium?
57. What is Object Repository and how can we create an Object Repository in Selenium?
58. What types of tests have you automated?
59. How many test cases have you automated per day?
60. Have you created any Framework?
61. Can you explain the Selenium Framework which you have used in your project?
62. Why do you prefer Selenium Automation tool?
63. What is Selenium IDE?
64. What are the browsers supported by Selenium IDE?
65. What are the browsers supported by Selenium WebDriver?
66. What is Selenium RC?
67. What is Selenium WebDriver?
68. What is Selenium Grid and when do we go for it?
69. What are the advantages of Selenium Grid?
70. What is a Hub in Selenium Grid?
71. What is a Node in Selenium Grid?
72. What are the types of WebDriver API’s that are supported/available in Selenium?
73. Which WebDriver implementation claims to be the fastest?
74. What are the programming languages supported by Selenium WebDriver?
75. What are the operating systems supported by Selenium WebDriver?
76. What are the open source frameworks supported by Selenium WebDriver?
77. What is an XPath and What is the difference between Absolute and Relative XPath? Give examples?
78. What is the difference between Soft Assert and Hard Assert in Selenium?
79. What are the verification points available in Selenium?
80. Is WebDriver a class or an interface?
81. Is FirefoxDriver a class or an interface?
82. What is the super interface of WebDriver?
83. Explain the line of code WebDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver();?
84. Why do we create a reference variable ‘driver’ of type WebDriver and what is the purpose of its creation?
85. What are the different types of exceptions you have faced in Selenium WebDriver?
86. How to login into any site if it is showing an authentication pop-up for Username and Password?
87. What is implicit wait in Selenium WebDriver?
88. What is WebDriver Wait in Selenium WebDriver?
89. What is Fluent Wait in Selenium WebDriver?
90. How to input text into the text box fields without calling the sendKeys()?
91. How to clear the text inside the text box fields using Selenium WebDriver?
92. How to get an attribute value of an element using Selenium WebDriver?
93. How to press Enter key on a text box in Selenium WebDriver?
94. How to pass a text execution for 5 seconds at a specific point?
95. Is Selenium Server needed to run Selenium WebDriver scripts?
96. What happens if we run this command driver.get(“www.tutorialsninja.com”);?
97. What is an alternative to driver.get() method to open a URL using Selenium WebDriver?
98. What is the difference between driver.get(“URL”) and driver.navigate().to(“URL”) commands?
99. Can I navigate back and forth in a browser using Selenium WebDriver?
100. What are the different types of navigation commands in Selenium WebDriver?